Covid-19 – Wages Subsidy and Resurgence Support
Sunday 28th February 2021
Well, this was not what any of us wanted to hear, but it is what it is. I will not waste your time – just four things for you:
- Canterbury and the West Coast at level 2 – thank goodness no worse, so just be vigilant and watch that social distancing.
- For anyone who is affected by the change in alert levels you may be eligible for one or both of the following:
- A wage subsidy – still at the same levels as last year ($585 per week full time or $350 part-time). To access this you must be able to demonstrate a loss of 40% in income as a result of the change in levels. Not simply due to Covid per se. So you have to compare a current fortnight where you have, or expect to have, at least a drop of 40% when compared to a fortnight within the last 6 weeks. Refer to this website for details https://www.business.govt.nz/covid-19/financial-support-for-businesses/
- Resurgence financial support – where the change in levels must have resulted in a drop of 30% for a 7-day period – when compared to an average week in the previous 6. Refer to this website for details https://covid19.govt.nz/business-work-and-money/financial-support/financial-support-for-businesses/#covid-19-resurgence-support-payment
- If you have any intention of reducing pay to staff who you have to send home because of Covid-19, please remember to consult with them before reducing pay. We can advise on this.
- If you have staff who have to stay off work and self-isolate, there is still support available for this – Short Term absence support
Essential HR are here to help. For ongoing help, contact Mike on 027 2808546 or email@example.com and Beccy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 2909070 – our landline should be up and running shortly – apologies for delays in reaching us on cell phones.
I’m happy for you to pass this on to others.
If you need to conference call, we are all set up with Zoom.